The North Coast State Forest Coalition
The North Coast State Forest Coalition was formed by like-minded conservation groups in 2010. The Northwest Guides and Anglers Association, Association of Northwest Steelheaders, Oregon Council Trout Unlimited, Sierra Club, Oregon Chapter, Wild Salmon Center, Pacific Rivers and Native Fish Society came together to support balanced forest management.
Sustainable forest management should include harvest of timber, but also protect our clean water, salmon runs, wildlife habitat, and special places to hike, camp, fish, bike, and hunt. With almost 100 businesses supporting the coalition we are advocating for conservation on State Forest lands.
North Coast State Forest Coalition in the Media:
- Letter: Stewards of the Land
- Conservation areas make sense here
- Tillamook Headlight Herald: RE: Tillamook County Commissioners’ letter on state forests
- Daily Astorian Letter: Future of forests
- InvestigateWest: Timber dispute fells meetings law
- Daily Astorian: Forest group critical of logging company’s grant request
One powerful way that you can help protect water quality is to write a letter to the editor. Contact one of our River Stewards and we'll help you out!