Wild Fish For All Scholarship
Academic Scholarship for BIPOC in Fisheries Conservation
The Native Fish Society believes that supporting diverse voices builds a groundswell for the revival of abundant wild fish in the Pacific Northwest. To elevate these diverse voices and breakdown barriers to racial and gender diversity in Fisheries Conservation, we created the Wild Fish For All scholarship. We’re excited to kick off this program in 2021!
One student will be selected each year as our Wild Fish For All Scholar. We will provide the winner with a $1,000 scholarship to put toward college tuition, fees, housing, and books. The top five applicants will also receive a one-year membership to the Native Fish Society.
- Identify as BIPOC, BIPOC women strongly encouraged to apply
- Currently enrolled in a University’s Fisheries Conservation Program
- Passionate about reviving abundant wild fish, free-flowing rivers, and thriving local communities in the Pacific Northwest
How to Apply:
- Send a 500-word essay on the following question: Why do wild, native fish matter to you, your homewaters, and your region?
- Send one letter of recommendation from a staff member in your academic department.
- Email these items to email@example.com
February 28, 2021